"I saved people" ― Negan to Rick GrimesNegan is a main character in AMC's The Walking Dead and the primary antagonist of the second half of season six, and the whole of season seven and season eight. He was the original founder and former leader of the Saviors.
Negan is shown to be a charismatic, cocky, manipulative, brutal and ferocious man with a sarcastic, inappropriate sense of humor. Negan is a brilliant strategist and a strong, effective leader, having kept hundreds of people alive and is worshipped by many and feared by others. When he was the leader of the Saviors, he shown to have had complete control over his vast group and was questioned by no one, acting as a complete dictator. Negan also acted like a cult leader, the Saviors all knelt in his presence and when asked who they are, they all responded in unison "Negan". Negan appeared to care about the well-being of his people and believes that he alone can save the people around him and was willing to do whatever it takes to insure their survival.
Negan was also an extremely ruthless leader, willing to do whatever it took to obtain resources and supplies for the Saviors by extorting from multiple communities, threatening them with death if they do not obey his demands or do not supply the necessary amount of supplies. Negan is also shown to be a cold-blooded killer who kills not just for survival, but to send a message and as punishment for disobedience. He also has no respect for those as being weak and claims he wants to help people through their weaknesses and by being strong he makes the world strong. This may explain why he uses fear as an instrument to keep people in line. By being hard on people, he makes them stronger and more inclined to survive.
In addition, Negan has great respect for those he views as strong, both physically and emotionally, and those who show bravery and defiance against him. Negan is also capable of severe torture and will mutilate whoever does not follow his rules, such as burning his victims' faces with a hot clothing iron. He claims he hates performing this form of punishment, but also sees it as necessary as his rules matter. Negan will also employ psychological forms of torture and highly prone to psychological warfare and is extremely good at manipulating and breaking most people into submitting to him. Furthermore, Negan has openly admitted that he enjoys killing people, especially men, while does not enjoy killing women, but he will kill a woman if he feels that he has to. Negan doesn't kill unless he feels that it's necessary as people to him are a resource. Negan is also not above killing children and adolescents.
Despite his jolly, chidlike behavior, Negan is highly intelligent and is incredibly good at reading people and exploiting their weaknesses. He is also very good at knowing when people are lying, most of the time at least. Negan has an unhealthy and unusual obsession with his primary weapon "Lucille", a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire and is shown speaking to it, referring to her as if she is a person and asking it to give him strength. Negan also shows panic and gets greatly upset if anyone dares damage Lucille. Negan enjoys using Lucille to kill his victims, often using it to install revulsion and terror into others. The bat is a symbolic reminder of his first wife, Lucille, which helps him cope during the apocalypse.
Despite his brutal nature, Negan is not completely heartless, though his kind moments are few and far between. He is seemingly against killing children under 10 and has a genuine disgust towards sexual violence and has made a strict "no rape" policy within the Saviors and will execute anyone breaking this rule. He is also generous when it comes to second chances and can be very lenient, as well as being a man of his word and does not lie or breaks a promise, and he is always open and true to who he is and never tries to hide it.
Negan shows a belief that killing a few to save a hundred is justified. He also refuses to harm the innocent, stating that he both sees himself as strong and weak and appears to genuinely care about children. When talking about his first wife, Negan shows emotion and states that his weakness is that he couldn't bring himself to kill his wife after she turned into a walker. Negan may not have started out with the intention to become who he did when he became the leader of the Saviors.
After being seriously injured and is taken as a prisoner to Alexandria in order to spend the rest of his days as a prisoner as punishment for the actrocities he has committed and to serve as a reminder that people are capable of change. Negan is now completely powerless and trapped in a degraded form of existence however his overall feelings on his captivity and how it will shape remains to be seen.
Negan was born in the mid 1960's and grew up in Virginia. He experienced a troublesome childhood where he grew into a bully in high school who enjoyed humiliating others, upon where he gained a strong perchant for profanity and a crude sense of humor. As an adult, he became a man with an unknown profession who helped young kids improve upon their weaknesses and molded them into stronger individuals. Negan later met a woman named Lucille where the pair fell in love and married, over time however, Negan gradually became unfaithful towards her as he constantly lied and even engaged in an affair.
In the onset of the outbreak, Negan was present alongside Lucille whom had succumbed to an unknown illness and eventually perished. Negan however was unable to bring himself to put his wife down, this act of weakness would continue to haunt him and thus Negan strove to become a much stronger person. Sometime later, he acquired a baseball bat and he modified the bat with barbed wire and named it "Lucille" in honor of his late wife.
At some point later, Negan formed a group of survivors he named the Saviors, one notable member being Simon, with whom Negan formed a firm loyalty, and thus Negan later appointed him as his right-hand man. Negan and his group discovered an abandoned factory where they managed to seize control and took residence inside, and which Negan established as his central headquarters as well as his personal home which he titled the Sanctuary.
Over time, however, Negan gradually descended into a vicious, totalitarian leader who asserted his position of authority through forceful dominance and intimidation with which he fiercely ruled over his community which mainly consisted of thugs and bandits who operated under his command.
Throughout the following months, Negan and his group grew in size (consisting of well over 100 survivors) and he appointed several lieutenants, including Gavin, Regina, Wade, Paula, Jiro, Bud, Mara,Gary, Laura , D.J. and eventually Dwight; additionally, he established several outposts located throughout the Washington D.C. area. These outposts operated semi-autonomously, lead by a lieutenant, and manned by a sizable number of Saviors. They were responsible for finding and terrorizing other survivors and communities, subjugating them to Negan's will. Typically, one outpost was assigned to at least one community under Savior rule. Early on, Negan and his group discovered a community known as the Hilltop Colony. Immediately after the farming community's were built, Negan dispatched a group of Saviors; upon meeting the community leader, Gregory, the Saviors demanded half of their resources on a weekly basis. In exchange, they promised not to destroy Hilltop and offered to clear the area of the undead. Though the Hilltop was reluctant to comply, the Saviors showed their true motives by demonstrating their power, murdering Rory, a 16 year old boy, as a display of superiority. Some time later, Negan became aware of the existence of another community, named the Kingdom. A group of Saviors met with the community leader, King Ezekiel, and demanded a portion of supplies in exchange for leaving the community unscathed. The Kingdom complied, and the Saviors recognized Ezekiel's capabilities. A truce was quickly settled between the two groups and thus they conducted weekly trades which were kept secret from the wider community's knowledge.
Also around this time, the Saviors had encountered and subjugated another, large group, under a similar extortion racket to that imposed on the Hilltop and the Kingdom. Sometime later, the Oceanside group rebelled against the Saviors but lost the subsequent skirmish, which resulted in many deaths. Afterwards, the Saviors, under Simon's orders, lined up and killed every surviving male over 10 years old, then ordered the group to continue their service. Ultimately, the group, now consisting entirely of women and children, ended their deal with the Saviors by one night leaving their original settlement on foot. Despite his harsh and violent methods, Negan was incredibly successful and kept more than a hundred people alive.
Approximately 20 months into the apocalypse, a supply exchange was conducted between the Hilltop and Saviors. When a group consisting of Ethan, Craig, Andy, Crystal, Tim and Marsha were sent to deliver their share of supplies, Negan personally felt unsatisfied with the amount he received, and thus had both Tim and Marsha executed and Craig imprisoned in the Satellite Outpost. Negan ordered the remaining survivors to return to the Hilltop, and, in exchange for Craig's release, kill Gregory and bring his head back as evidence of his death. This however never occured and soon after, Negan's group came under attack by Rick Grimes and his group in order to end the subjugation of Hilltop. Rick and his group succeeded in killing a great number of Negan's men and a few of his lieutenants and even wiped out one of his outposts. Negan chose to send Dwight to subjugate Rick and his people to his rule, and later Jiro, another of his lieutenants, but both failed in doing so. Angered at the slaughter of many of his people, Negan chose to take matters into his own hands.
Last Day on EarthEditAfter some of Rick Grimes's people from the Alexandria Safe-Zone are captured by the Saviors following several roadblocks and a failed diversion on the way to the Hilltop Colony, Negan steps out of their RV and confronts them, introducing himself as the Saviors' true leader. Pacing back and before the group, he lectures them on their actions against his group and the "new world order", explaining that Rick's group owe Negan's men their supplies and that he will personally deal with them if they refuse.
He goes on to inform Rick that he is keeping his group alive as he intends to make them work for him - however, in retribution for Rick and his people killing many Saviors, Negan warns that he will have to beat one of them to death. He begins pacing up and down the line-up while considering his choice, and introduces Lucille, a wooden baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, as his weapon of choice. He threatens to put a visibly wrecked Maggie Greene out of her misery, but her husband Glenn Rhee lunges forward, only to be dragged back in line by Dwight. Negan then commands them not to attempt that again, or else he will shut it down with no exceptions.
Unable to decide who to kill, Negan ultimately comes up with an idea and begins pointing at each survivor with Lucille, chanting "eeny, menny, miny, moe". Going down and down the line-up, he eventually stops on Abraham Ford. As the rest of the group yell in protest, Negan warns the group not to interfere, or he will cut Carl Grime's other eye out, and feed it to Rick. He then brings the bat down onto the head of Abraham, causing him to bleed heavily. Negan is seen standing over him as he recovers from the first blow, remarking that he is taking the hit like a "champ" before bringing down the bat again. As Abraham's sight goes black, Negan is then heard mercilessly beating him repeatedly, with muffled screams and protests audible from the other members of Alexandria.
The Day Will Come When You Won't BeEditAfter seeing Negan kill Abraham Ford and Glenn Rhee, Rick promises the Saviors' leader that he will kill him someday. Amused, Negan acts surprised by this declaration before inquiring Simon, his right-hand man, about the weapons found on Rick's being, being informed that they had found a hatchet. Negan stresses to Rick the importance of having a right-hand man in his group, asking if he has/had one of his own. He then tells Simon to give him Rick's hatchet and grabs Rick by the collar, dragging him into the RV and viciously announcing that he will back and if Rick isn't with him, his men will have permission to kill the rest of Rick's group.
He drives Rick's hatchet into the table before taunting Rick over the fact that he vowed to kill him. Negan takes note of the time of day, noticing that the sun is rising, before heading to the front of the vehicle. While having his back turned, Negan challenges Rick to grab the hatchet and drive it into the back of his head; Rick grabs the axe and lunges at Negan, who brandishes his assault rifle and knocks Rick to the floor. Driving the hatchet back onto the table, Negan warns Rick to not make him get up again.Negan then drives the RV back to the roadblocks with the burning logs, parking under the overpass next to the hanging survivor, who had since turned. He then takes Rick's hatchet, assuming ownership of it, before throwing it on the roof of the RV, asking Rick to retrieve it. As Rick reluctantly obeys, Negan shoves him out of the vehicle into the herd of walkers that had accumulated in response to the flames. Rick makes it to the roof with difficulty, before becoming immobilized due to the memories of the events that occured the previous night.
Once he has finished Abraham off, he gleefully swings a bloody Lucille around, splattering some blood on Rick's face. After gloating to the group, he then strides over to Rosita Espinosa, having observed her particular reaction and taunting her with Abraham's remains, before he receives a right hook from Daryl Dixon, who has had enough of his insensitivity. As he reels from the hit, Daryl is subdued by several of Negan's men, including Dwight. He quickly recovers and stops his men from bringing any harm to Daryl, deciding to let him live to see the consequences of his actions.Negan reminds the survivors of the earlier warning that he would shut down any kind of insubordination without exception, and that he wants the group to know exactly who he is: a man of his word. He then suddenly turns, bringing Lucille down powerfully on Glenn Rhee twice, splitting his head and causing him to bleed heavily and nearly lose an eye. Negan bends over to observe Glenn's state, taunting his feeble attempts to speak and pointing out the grievous damage to his head. After hearing him utter his final words to Maggie, Negan then shows a hint of remorse, apologizing to the rest of the distraught group for the effect that Glenn's impending death is having on them. However, after reminding them that he had said there would be no exceptions to his punishment, Negan swings Lucille into the side of Glenn's head, knocking him to the ground, before repeatedly beating his corpse until his head is nothing but flesh, bone, brains and blood, all the while taunting the remaining survivors. After finishing Glenn, he exclaims that Lucille is a "vampire bat" and strolls over to the other survivors, asking if the "joke" was that bad.
In the present, Negan informs Rick that while people die every day, his people do not have to if he would only conform to Negan's rule. Growing impatient with Rick's immobility, Negan gives him one last chance to retrieve his hatchet before firing several warning shots through the roof of the RV, causing Rick to spring to action and grab hold of the hanging survivor, losing the axe in the process. Just when hope seems lost for Rick, who is almost completely lowered into the hungry herd, Negan shoots down all of the walkers in Rick's area, saving his life, before leading him back into the RV. He continues to taunt Rick, declaring that more of his people will die if he continues to act defiant. Rick retrieves the hatchet and makes it through the dense smoke to the RV, but finds it locked, Negan having locked him outside to further test and torture him. At the last moment, Negan puts down the incoming walkers and allows Rick entry. Rick begrudgingly hands the hatchet over to Negan, who commends him on his efforts.
Driving back to the clearing, Negan once again gleefully mocks Rick and the deaths of his group members. After cleaning the hatchet with a blanket and Rick's jacket, Negan hands him the axe, before he is forcefully dragged out of the RV and back to the group. Negan questions Rick on whether or not he knew the purpose of the trip they had taken. He explains that he was attempting to break Rick into complying with Negan's way of living, as he saw defiance in his eyes, and defiance would only result in more conflict. He declares that Rick has failed the test and asks if he should give him another chance, to which Rick says yes. Negan then commences a final test of compliance, asking for guns to be drawn to the back of each survivor's head, specifically aimed in a way that the bullet would exit through their noses, creating a real mess.
Negan then orders an angered Carl to walk forward and he then ties his belt around Carl's left arm as a tourniquet, asking Carl if he is left-handed, to which replies that he isn't. Once he has tied the tourniqet around his arm, Negan tells Carl to lay next to Rick. After acquiring a pen from Simon, he then marks a black line across Carl's forearm. Noticing Rick's pleas to not go through with what he believes he's planning to do, Negan turns to him before confirming that "he" isn't going to do anything. Standing up, Negan orders Rick to pick up the hatchet and chop off Carl's arm at the marked line, giving specific directions on how to make the cut to ensure that the Saviors' doctor can properly seal the wound later. Negan threatens to kill the entire group, Carl, all of the Alexandrian citizens, and eventually Rick, if he does not comply. Michonne attempts to come to Carl's defense, saying that the group is subjugated; Negan brushes this claim off, saying that the group may understand how the work works, Rick does not. Noticing that Rick is indecisive, Negan then threatens to beat Carl to death with Lucille if he does not make a decision. Rick attempts to do everything in his power to avoid mutilating his son, even going as far as to offer himself up to Negan in Carl's place, but he is rejected. Seeing that Rick is showing extreme hesitance, Negan grows impatient and begins to count down from 3, causing Rick to panic and wail. As Negan reaches 1, Rick, screaming in anguish, picks up and raises the hatchet above his head, ready to bring it down on Carl's arm, before he is stopped at the last second.Negan declares to Rick that he answers to, provides and belongs to him. When he sees Rick is compliant but silent, Negan angrily grapples him, yelling that he should speak when spoken to, before repeating his commands for Rick to properly acknowledge. Seeing that he has finally broken Rick and that he is now submissive to his rule, Negan cheerfully declares this to be a productive day, thanking the rest of the group, including the now-deceased, for their participation. Negan then orders for Daryl to be taken back with them as a prisoner because he likes Daryl's bravery and wants him to become a Savior. Negan also informs Rick that any further insubordination will result in the mutilation of Daryl, either by his or even Rick's hand. Before leaving, Negan leaves a truck with the survivors for them to cart the supplies they owe the Saviors in the following week. He welcomes the group with his new order, warning them to never try to betray him, before leaving them in shambles, giving them a final "ta-ta" before returning with his men to their base.
The CellEditNegan first appears wandering around the Sanctuary's garden area. Dwight, among the other Saviors in the area, kneel before Negan as he passes. Negan later approaches Dwight, who has Daryl as a prisoner, and encourages him to be pulled aside for a talk. Once Daryl is secured back in his cell, Negan discusses their efforts in trying to break him with Dwight. As a reward, Negan offers Dwight to sleep with one of his wives with Sherry being the first option. However, Dwight declines. Negan is slightly angered by Dwight's refusal but allows him to follow through with his choice. Arat then radios Dwight to inform him that Gordon had fled the Sanctuary and Negan answers Arat to let her know that Dwight will meet her at the gate. Negan tells Dwight to send someone else to take care of the grunt work, but he assures Negan he enjoys doing it. After a while, Negan laughs and sends Dwight to hunt down the runaway. Negan and his men later corner Daryl during his attempt to escape from the Sanctuary and they anticipated his escape attempt. Negan asks the Saviors surrounding Daryl who they are, with all them responding with "Negan". Negan reprimands Daryl's attempts at escaping a failure and presents him with three options: Daryl either becomes a walker for the Sanctuary's fence line, earn points or work alongside Negan with beneficial privileges. Daryl doesn't reply, so an annoyed Negan swings Lucille at Daryl, stopping just short of hitting him, but Daryl doesn't flinch. Negan notes and is intrigued by Daryl's resolve in that he cannot be scared easily despite his dire circumstances. Negan leaves while his men subdue Daryl and return him to his cell.
Dwight, having returned from the mission, wakes Daryl and leads him to an efficiency apartment where Negan awaits. Negan explains to Daryl how Dwight became one of his top men: Dwight, Sherry and Tina used to work for points and when Tina fell behind on points, on account of her costly medication, he asked her to marry him. Dwight, Sherry and Tina stole the medicine and fled from the Sanctuary. They returned after Tina's death and Dwight begged for forgiveness and for Negan to not kill Sherry. Sherry offered to marry Negan if he spared Dwight's life and he agreed, but still punished him by burning his face with an iron. Dwight has been on board ever since. Negan tells Daryl he can become one of his top men and he can live in this apartment. All Daryl has to do is ask one question: who is he? After a long silence, Daryl responds with his own name. Negan simply orders Dwight to return Daryl to his cell.
ServiceEditNegan arrives at the Alexandria Safe-Zone with a large group of Saviors and Daryl, and demands to be let in. He is disappointed when Spencer Monroe questions who he is, having much such a strong first impression. Rick meets Negan at the gate and notes that he came earlier than planned. Negan strides into Alexandria and thrusts Lucille into Rick's hands, ordering him to hold it for him. Negan forbids Rick or any of the Alexandrians from speaking to Daryl or they will face consequences. Rick tells Negan that they already set aside half of their supplies, but Negan says he'll be the one to decides which supplies to take.
As the Saviors haul furniture and mattresses out of residents' homes, Negan inquires about Maggie's whereabouts. Father Gabriel Stokes appears suddenly and asks if Negan wants to pay his respects, causing Negan to ask if she didn't make it. Rick is silent but shakes his head hesitantly and Gabriel leads Negan to the graveyard where Glenn, Abraham and supposedly Maggie are buried. Negan rues Maggie's "death", telling a seething Rick he'd planned on asking her to join him as his wife at his compound. Rick quickly seethes with anger and tightens his grip on Lucille, but swiftly relaxes. Moments later, they hear a gunshot.
In the infirmary, Carl holds David at gunpoint and he orders David to return some of the medicine he took. Negan jokes about Carl's fearlessness, and Carl finally lowers his gun after Negan threatens to harm more people. As a precaution, Negan declares that he's confiscating all the guns in Alexandria. Negan tells Rick he'll leave their food untouched to ensure that they remain strong enough to collect for him. Negan commands Rick to thank him, but Rick refuses. Negan says that Rick is the one who forced his hand and that is why he should thank him. Negan asks if anyone keeps guns outside of the armory and Rick assures him that all guns are kept in storage.
Arat informs Negan that two guns are missing from the armory. A disappointed Negan threatens to kill Olivia if Rick doesn't find the missing guns. Later, Rick brings the missing guns to Negan and he gathers his group at the gate and the Saviors prepare to leave. When Rick sees Michonne lurking in a dilapidated house nearby, Rick asks Negan if he can give him a second. Negan refuses, and Rick rephrases it by adding a please. Negan permits Rick to speak with her and Rick brings back her rifle and gives it to Negan, before asking if Daryl can stay since they've followed the rules and gave Negan half of their supplies. Negan asks Daryl if he wants to stay but Daryl obediently remains silent.
Negan refuses to leave Alexandria until Rick thanks him. Rick concedes and thanks him, then a walker approaches and Negan turns to kill it. Negan retrieves Lucille from Rick and mocks him. He and the Saviors leave with half of the Alexandrian's belongings and Daryl in tow.
Sing Me A SongEditNegan appears after Carl calls him out, having killed one of the Saviors. He taunts Carl, who shoots another Savior and is tackled by Dwight. Negan tells Dwight to back off and offers to show Carl around the Sanctuary. From a catwalk, Negan addresses the crowd kneeling on the factory floor. He announces that the Saviors secured a big load of goods and everyone will get fresh vegetables at dinner, regardless of how many points they have. Everyone cheers and he whispers to Carl about the respect he receives.
Negan takes Carl to a nicely appointed room and introduces him to his "harem". Negan pulls Sherry aside; she reluctantly concedes that Mark, a Savior, shirked his work duties to be with Amber, one of Negan's wives. Sherry asks Negan to go easy on Amber and he then admonishes Amber for cheating on him; she tears up and assures Negan that she loves him. Negan boasts to Sherry that he went easy on her, and kisses her.Negan takes Carl to his apartment; he orders Carl to sit across from him and remove his hat and eye bandage. Carl is reluctant but Negan reminds him that he killed two of his men and must repay him. When Carl removes the bandage, Negan gleefully mocks Carl's scarred eye socket. Humiliated, Carl starts crying. Negan, in a rare act, apologizes for hurting his feelings, and tells him that he forgot he was a kid. Fat Joey stops by Negan's apartment to give him Lucille, which Negan left by the cargo truck. After laughing along with Negan's jokes on how he handled Lucille, he dismisses Joey harshly. Negan then begins complimenting Carl's eye and even advises him to leave the bandage off so nobody will mess with him. He orders Carl to sing him a song, who reluctantly complies. Negan asks if his mother used to sing that to him, correctly guessing she is dead. Carl explains that he shot her to prevent her from turning. Negan remarks that no wonder he is a "future serial killer in the making". Negan and Carl leave the room, with Negan claiming that the iron is ready. Later, Saviors gather around a furnace on the factory floor, where Mark is tied to a chair. Negan orders Carl to hold Lucille as he reiterates the importance of rules and he then brands Mark's face with a hot iron as punishment for his infraction. He orders Dr. Emmett Carson to tend to Mark and takes Carl away. Back in Negan's apartment, Carl taunts Negan for being unable to kill him, Rick or Daryl and tells Negan he should jump out of the window so he doesn't have to kill him. Negan smiles and suggests they take a car ride. Negan and Carl then prepare to leave in the cargo truck and on their way out, Daryl warns Negan against hurting Carl. Negan immediately tells Dwight to put Daryl back in his cell and drives off.
Negan and Carl knock on Rick's door in Alexandria. Olivia answers and nervously tells Negan that Rick is out scavenging and might not return that day. She tells him that they are practically starving in order to provide for him, so Negan mocks her weight and she starts to cry. He crudely proposes having sex with her to make it up to her and Olivia slaps him. Instead of being angry, Negan simply smiles and notes that he is "50%" more into her, showing that he actually admires her newfound feisty attitude. He then tells her to go and make some lemonade for him, and she reluctantly does so.Negan takes a tour of Rick's house, and is impressed with their living arrangements. Carl tries to keep him away from Judith's bedroom, but Negan opens the door and discovers her nursery. He lifts Judith out of her crib. Negan and Carl then sit on the porch, where Negan rocks Judith in his lap as he contemplates killing Rick and Carl, maybe even settling in the suburbs. Negan smiles and kisses Judith's nose.
Hearts Still BeatingEditNegan enjoys a shave in Rick's bathroom and he then cooks spaghetti in the kitchen with Carl, instructing him to place a setting for Rick as Olivia pours him some lemonade. They sit at the table in silence, waiting for Rick to return. Negan grows tired and places Lucille in Rick's chair, he then asks Carl to pass the bread rolls to which he says please the second time after he is ignored the first time. Later, Negan is sitting on the porch when Spencer approaches and Arat refuses to let him see him until Negan orders her to back off. Spencer introduces himself and the two men share a drink as Negan pines for a pool table and Spencer tells him where they can find one, then Negan smiles and calls Spencer his "new best friend". As Negan and Spencer play pool in the middle of the street, residents gather around to watch. Spencer tells Negan that Rick's ego is out of control and proposes that Negan appoint Spencer the new leader of Alexandria. Negan considers Spencer's betrayal, however points out that Rick is swallowing his hatred to gather goods for Negan so he won't kill anyone else. Negan says that it takes guts and he then wonders why Spencer doesn't just kill Rick himself instead of sneaking around and take over leadership. When he tries to speak, Negan answers his own question: it's because Spencer doesn't have the guts, he then plunges a knife into Spencer's abdomen, disemboweling him. Negan then jokes as Spencer's guts spill out onto the asphalt, asking if someone wants to finish the game with him.
Angered, Rosita whips out her gun and shoots at Negan; however, the bullet hits Lucille instead. Negan, enraged at the damage done to Lucille and the attempt on his life, screams at Rosita and demands to know who made the bullet. Rosita lies and claims she made it herself. Negan doesn't believe her and orders Arat to put the knife to her face. Rosita again claims it was as she presses her cheek against Arat's knife, cutting her own face. Negan simply doesn't fall for it, and then orders Arat to kill someone; she then turns and shoots Olivia in the face.
Rick appears and yells at Negan that they had an agreement. Negan informs him about how Carl infiltrated the Sanctuary and killed two of his men, how Spencer was plotting to have him killed so he could be in charge and he also tells Rick that Rosita attempted to kill him but shot Lucille and did not want to Olivia to die even though he ordered Arat to kill a random person. Negan agrees to go as soon as he learns who made the bullet and Tara Chambler says it was her, but a tearful Eugene Porter confesses. Negan approaches him and tells him he believes him and Negan, in frustration, asks Lucille to give him strength then angrily says that Rick's finds are not good enough after today and he warns Rick he will not forget what happened that day. Negan and his crew then leave with Eugene in tow.
Rock in the RoadEdit
Negan is heard on the radio Jesus took from the Sanctuary, he gives Fat Joey an eulogy, and he orders Simon to look for Daryl in Alexandria as he knows he escaped.
Hostiles and CalamitiesEdit
Negan returns to the Sanctuary with his new prisoner, Eugene, who shakes with terror as Laura, a female Savior, walks him deep into the bowels of the Sanctuary. Negan discovers that Daryl murdered Fat Joey and escaped, so he has the Saviors barge in and beat up Dwight as Negan watches from the doorway.
Dwight sits in Daryl's dark cell, now his cell. Negan informs him that Sherry ran away and wonders if she helped Daryl escape, however Dwight defends Sherry. Negan continues hypothesizing and questions whether Dwight changed his stripes and helped Daryl himself, he then orders Dwight to find Sherry and bring her back.Outside, by the Sanctuary fence-line, Negan orders that Simon go lead a search party to Alexandria to search for Daryl. Eugene is brought before him and is given an intimidating introduction. When asked for his name, Eugene responds with his own name and Negan then prompts the Saviors for their names and they respond in unison: "Negan". Negan grills Eugene about his credentials, so a scared Eugene falls back on his old lies and claims he has multiple PhDs and was part of the Human Genome Project. Negan asks Eugene for advice on how to prevent his fence-line walkers from deteriorating. Eugene impresses Negan with his proposed solution: covering them in a shell of liquified metal that will make the walkers indestructible once it dries. As a reward for his ingenuity, Negan offers to send several of his wives to Eugene's apartment. Negan enters the factory floor, where a crowd has gathered around the furnace and he points Lucille directly at Eugene, telling him to pay close attention to what's about to happen. Negan turns and whacks Lucille against Emmett Carson's shoulder, then accuses him of helping Daryl escape in order to impress Sherry. He shows a note from Sherry: (which Dwight clipped from her farewell letter and planted it on Carson's desk) "Goodbye - Honey," it reads. Carson accuses Dwight of lying, but he quickly folds and falsely confesses when Negan threatens him with the iron. Negan stays intently at Eugene before he grabs Carson and throws him face-first into the furnace, burning him alive. Negan puts his arm around Dwight, reminding him of Dr. Harlan Carson. Negan then pays Eugene a visit and he tells him that he doesn't make his invitation lightly and explains that he doesn't need to be scared anymore. Negan is then about to ask Eugene who he is, so Eugene interrupts him and claims he's "Negan".
The Other SideEdit
Negan emerges with Lucille outside the Sanctuary and greets Dr. Harlan Carson, who was taken from the Hilltop by Simon and his men. He hugs Eugene and hands him a walkie-talkie before he walks back inside the Sanctuary.
Something They NeedEditNegan arrives at Sasha Williams's cell as one of the Saviors, David, is about to rape her. He angrily reminds him that rape is forbidden and that he crossed the line. When David apologizes, Negan stabs him through the neck, refusing to accept his apology. Negan then asks Sasha if Rick sent her but she assures that he didn't. Negan, impressed by Sasha's bravery, asks her to join the Saviors. He unties her wrists, gives her his knife and presents his proposition: she can choose not to use the knife, allowing David to reanimate and kill her, or she can save herself and use the knife against David, but she'll have to join Negan's cause. He then leaves her cell.
Negan opens the door to Sasha's cell and sees the knife protruding from David's forehead. Sasha claims that Negan wins, agreeing to join him. Negan retrieves the knife and says that Sasha needs to further convince him of her loyalty. He tells her that he knows Rick is formulating a plot against him and that he plans to enlist her help in stopping him.
The First Day of the Rest of Your LifeEdit
Negan brings a tray of food to Sasha's cell and he assures her that she doesn't have to die that day but warns her someone from Alexandria does. She asks him what he needs from her and Negan tells Sasha how he plans to use her in his attack against Alexandria. He insists on executing three people, but Sasha bargains him down to one, to which he complies.
Meanwhile, Negan and his crew work to remove chopped down trees blocking the road, delaying their arrival at Alexandria; a diversionary tactic secretly employed by Dwight. Negan suspects Alexandria is responsible, and reminds Simon that they have a Plan B. Eugene asks Negan's permission to approach Rick and try to defuse the situation before resorting to warfare.
Earlier, as Negan's group mobilizes their attack on Alexandria, Sasha tells Negan that she wants to travel to Alexandria in the casket so she can rest. She requests a bottle of water and inside the coffin, Sasha selects a song from the iPod Eugene gave her. As music begins to play, she pops the suicide pill in her mouth and chases it with water.
A Scavenger alerts everyone in Alexandria to the Saviors' arrival and Rick assumes his position at the front gate, with Jadis crouching by his feet, hidden from view. Negan's caravan arrives and Eugene steps out in an attempt to convince Rick to surrender. Rick hesitates, stricken by Eugene's betrayal, then gives Rosita the signal to detonate the explosives. Rosita pushes the detonator, but there is no explosion. Before Rick can reach for his gun, Jadis leaps up and aims her gun at Rick. Simultaneously, the Scavengers all turn their guns on Alexandrians.Negan emerges from a truck and taunts Rick as his Saviors open the truck that holds the explosives. Negan's men remove a coffin from their flatbed; he announces that Sasha is inside, alive and well. He tells him that he was aware of Rick's plan to defy and attack him, as Jadis revealed his plans and offers to let Sasha live if Rick turns over all their guns, and Daryl. Negan will still execute one Alexandrian of Rick's choosing. If he refuses, Negan will kill them all, but Rick insists on seeing Sasha. Negan taps Lucille against the casket and then opens it, however Sasha, now a walker, lunges at him. The Alexandrians take advantage of the ensuing chaos and turn their guns on the Scavengers. Those on the guard posts open fire on the Saviors outside and Michonne fights Farron on the balcony. In the chaos, Rosita is shot but is escorted to safety by Tara and Rick tries to join the fight, but Jadis continues to hold him at gunpoint. Meanwhile, Roy removes the zombified Sasha from Negan, but she then proceeds to devour Roy's face as Negan and Simon hide from gunfire behind a truck. Negan screams to Simon that they need to put Plan B into action.
In the streets below, the Saviors and Scavengers have gained control of the situation; some Alexandrians have been killed, and the rest are held captive. Jadis leads Rick to Negan and orders him to kneel beside Carl, who is surrounded by over a dozen Saviors. She reminds Negan of their deal, twelve people in exchange for the Scavengers' help in the attack. Negan swiftly bargains her down to 10.Rick and Carl look on in horror as a body plummets to the ground from Michonne's balcony post. Negan vows to kill Carl and severe Rick's hands as punishment for his collusion. Rick swallows his fear and furiously reiterates his pledge to kill Negan, regardless of the threats he makes. Negan stares at him for a moment before smiling and he prepares to strike Carl with Lucille, however Shiva leaps onto and mauls a nearby Scavenger. Carol Peletier and King Ezekiel arrive at the head of the Kingdom regiment in an attack, as Maggie arrives with the Hilltop fighters. A battle ensues as the Saviors and Scavengers are caught off guard, with Rick and Carl joining in on the fight. Negan orders a retreat as Shiva mauls a Savior to death. Before he escapes, Negan is furious and is surprised to see Maggie, alive and well, leading the Hilltop soldiers. Negan and his men leave under a hail of bullets and gives his attackers the middle finger as he escapes. Back at the Sanctuary, Simon and Dwight inform Negan that preparations are underway for Plan B. Negan asks Eugene how Sasha managed to die in the casket, so Eugene surmises that she ran out of air. Negan looks doubtful, but concedes it's possible. Negan then addresses his Saviors amassed in the courtyard and declares that they're going to war.
Negan along with Dwight, Simon, Eugene, Gavin and Regina emerge from the Sanctuary after Rick and his army arrive outside. Negan wonders if Rick is going to kill him and Rick insists he is after he told him twice already. Negan berates Rick, saying he doesn't have the numbers to fight the Saviors. Negan has Simon bring out Gregory, who is under Negan's coercion, and he says that Hilltop stands with Negan and the Saviors. Rick offers all of the Saviors the chance to live if they surrender, however Negan won't have the same chance. The lieutenants refuse to surrender.
Negan becomes frustrated when Rick and the Militia refuse to back down. Negan has Simon push Gregory off the platform and Rick continues to offer the lieutenants a way out. Gavin wants to talk but Rick insists this is the only way. Rick then asks them if they're going to make him count. He starts at 10, but unleashes gunfire at 7.When Rick opens fire, Negan and his lieutenants run for cover. All of the lieutenants run back inside, however, Negan remains outside and he gets shot in the leg before limping towards a sheet of metal for cover as Rick continues firing on him and the Sanctuary windows. Gabriel urges Rick to evacuate. Negan is later seen when Gabriel finds shelter in an outbuilding and Negan is revealed to be there too. Negan smiles at Gabriel.
The Big Scary UEditIn a flashback, Negan is present at a crisis meeting with Gregory, Simon, Dwight, Eugene, Gavin and Regina concerning the rebellion at Alexandria. Gregory thanks them for listening to him and he understands how hard it is to manage people in this environment and the scary unknown. Negan tells Gregory that he likes killing people and that killing the right people at the right time makes things fall into place. Negan tells him that killing one could be saving hundreds and that they save people. Gregory realizes that's why they're called the Saviors and Dwight gets up to leave for a cigarette but Negan questions he wouldn't want to hear Gregory. Dwight says it doesn't matter because he's just going to do what he's told. Gregory continues, describing the conflict and claiming he can stop it before it gets started. He offers to kick everyone out of the Hilltop who side with Rick. Negan asks if he can exile people and Gregory claims he owns Hilltop, that he's still in charge of it. Negan questions it, though, because he saw Maggie alive and is leading an army of his people. Gregory insists he didn't know about Maggie until now. Gregory tells him that Hilltop is his home.
Simon then suggests a strong raid on the Hilltop, which could end in killing everyone if they don't cooperate, which would send a message to the other communities. Negan insists people are a resource and that they are the foundation of what the Saviors do. He questions Simon and if he remembers who the Saviors are and who is in charge. Simon pledges his allegiance. Negan says they have to capture Rick, Maggie and Ezekiel and kill them horribly in front of their people. Suddenly, the Militia's gunshots ring out outside. Simon suggests shooting at them but Negan says it would be a waste of ammo. Instead, he will go talk to everyone and they walk outside. The events of Mercy then take place.
In the present, Negan is in the trailer with Gabriel. He tackles and disarms him, with his handgun being fully loaded. Gabriel says he didn't have enough bullets to take out the walkers and Negan calls it "smart play" and helps him then sits down and indicates Gabriel should be quiet. Negan insults Rick but Gabriel insults Negan and Negan explains that Rick is going to get his people killed, just like he got Abraham and Glenn killed for killing his people. Negan then questions Gabriel why he saved Gregory after he tried to sell them out and Gabriel reveals that he fears a fruitless death. Gabriel says there has to be a reason for why he did it and says he wants to take Negan's offer.
Back in the trailer, Negan and Gabriel continue their conversation. Negan insists they wait it out and Gabriel asks Negan to confess, however Negan claims he doesn't have to confess to anything. Negan questions Gabriel on why he became a priest, so Gabriel claims he loves God and people, wanting to bring them together. Negan claims he likes to help people through their weaknesses too, saying he's been doing it his whole life and that people are going to start dying in the Sanctuary because he isn't there to prevent it. Negan begins whistling and the walker presence intensifies. Negan goes on about being weak but also being strong and claims everyone is a mix. Negan explains that he took over the Sanctuary in a free for all and was formerly run by a "confederation of assholes" with "gangs of animals" and the last guy in charge allowed people to be weak. Negan, however, says he makes people strong, which makes the world strong, and that he's going to make Gabriel his "special project".
Gabriel insists he is strong and he confesses that he participated the attack on the Satellite Outpost. Negan is surprised and criticizes him for killing his people in their sleep. Gabriel asks how is Negan weak, so Negan says he hasn't killed anyone that didn't need it, and Gabriel questions him about the workers and his wives. Negan calls the workers an economy and insists his wives made the choice. Gabriel asks if Negan had a wife before all of this and Negan holds Lucille, asking her to give him strength, letting his guard down as Gabriel grabs his gun before locking himself in the trailer's second room. Negan takes out walkers which barged through and says it's time to go. Negan explains how they will get inside, using Lucille and each other. Negan grabs the walker and pulls it toward him but
Gabriel is hiding on the other side of the wall armed with a gun. Negan asks Gabriel for his help and Gabriel says he's killed before, but that's not his greatest sin, he confesses to locking his congregation out of his church when it all started, listening to the people die. Everyday he works to lessen that failure and be of service and purpose. Gabriel offers Negan the assurance of a pardon and says he will go with him, wanting to show Negan that working together is the best move but he'll only do it if Negan confesses.Negan finally opens up about his first wife, prior to the epidemic, how he treated her badly and how he couldn't put her down after she died and convinces Gabriel they have to work together to get out of this mess. Gabriel emerges and gives Negan the gun, claiming he's forgiven. Negan punches him in the face and thanks him before ripping apart a walker and explains how the insides can be used to walk among the dead.
Negan and Gabriel make a bunch of noise and lets walkers enter the trailer until it is full and they can find a way out. Slowly, the two manuever through the crowd until Gabriel trips and they work together, saving one another, until they get to an edge where walkers fall on them.Negan and Gabriel make it safely inside the Sanctuary, he whistles his way in as he witnesses Regina killing a worker. Negan criticizes her for doing that and reaffirms his power, and reminds them of who he is: he has a leatherjacket, Lucille and "his nutsack is made of steel". He excuses himself to a shower and some service from Frankie, then he will get back to business and saving everyone. Negan then orders Gabriel to be kept in a cell. Later, Negan and the lieutenants find some of the weapon bags left by Rick's group, and realize that the weapons they had were stolen from the Sanctuary. Privately, Negan tells Eugene he will reward him handsomely if he can figure out the mole within the Saviors, but at the same time, he will kill him if he can't, albeit quickly.
Time For AfterEditNegan is met by Eugene in the conference room and he expresses an increasing worry for the safety of his community, while praising Eugene and his efforts in the compound. He reminds Eugene that he is aware of how smart he is, prompting Eugene to remind him of his loyalty. Negan reaches out his hand and Eugene attempts to kiss it but Negan was looking for a handshake. It's a sign of mutual respect which not many people get from Negan. Eugene accepts this, declaring that there is work that needs to be done before leaving the room.
Negan and Eugene propose a plan to clear out the walkers with whatever firearms they have left, with Eugene affirming that he will be able to stock the Saviors up on freshly-made ammo should they run low. He then proposes another solution to deal with the issue. Negan again praises Eugene on the initiative, but before he can hear the plan, Dwight and the other lieutenants report to Negan about the situation with the herd. Negan has high hopes that Eugene's plan will give them the upper hand. Eugene stares intently at Dwight, instead of ratting him out, he informs Negan that he intends to repair the intercom system, giving them the advantage in communications with the rest of the community. Negan is underwhelmed by Eugene's words.
How It's Gotta BeEditNegan is first seen banging Lucille against Alexandria's gates and offers them a deal over a loudspeaker: either the people of Alexandria can line up in front of their homes, decide who's going to be the offering for Lucille, have Rick killed in front of everyone and then everyone can move on with their lives, or the Saviors will bomb the safehaven with grenade launchers. Negan gives the survivors three minutes for them to decide. As three minutes have passed, Negan and over two dozen Saviors are preparing to torch Alexandria to the ground, but Negan is interrupted by Carl who tries to defuse the situation. He says they are children and his sister taking refuge in the town; however, Negan states that they are also young people at the Sanctuary, as well as a baby at at an outpost whose fate Negan is wondering about. Negan tells Carl that he needs to be in charge because the communities need someone who will do whatever it takes. Carl says that, if there has to be punishment, Negan should kill him to pay for what Rick has done. Carl says that he doesn't want to die, but he'll do it if he has to so everyone can continue living. He asks Negan if this is who he wanted it to be, taking him off guard.
As they talk, the Alexandrians break out in a convoy. Negan gets angry at Carl for tricking him and orders the Saviors to blow up Alexandria and the Saviors launch grenades into the town, destroying it. Negan's troops smash their way through Alexandria's gates and he orders the Saviors to capture Carl alive, destroy every other house, and send Rick his way when he arrives.Rick heads towards his house in search of Carl, Judith and Michonne. Negan ambushes him, catching him by surprise and hitting him in the abdomen and arm with Lucille. Rick dodges subsequent blows as Negan tells him he will torture Rick before he kills him. To Rick's anger, Negan claims he will train Carl to become one of his top lieutenants. They exchange punches but Rick is tackled to the ground however he gains the upper hand by grabbing a piece of metal and striking Negan in the face, knocking him on his back. He grabs Lucille and begins hitting Negan with it, which enrages him to the point he is able to knock Rick back. Rick grabs his gun from the floor but is unable to draw it quickly enough as he gets pushed out a window, before fleeing down the road.
In the future, Carl envisioned for Rick, Negan is tending to the gardens in Alexandria when Judith walks up to him. Negan warmly greets Judith.
The Lost and the PlunderersEdit
Negan recounts to Simon that unfurled at Alexandria, impressed with Carl's efforts to assist the residents. Simon reports that the situation was settled and asks about Gavin's group, from whom neither of them have heard. Negan seats Simon and tasks him with handling the Scavengers. Initially delighted at the thought of wiping out their traitors, Simon is shut down by Negan, who reminds him they are still a valuable resource. He orders Simon to only deliver the standard message: kill one and spare the rest, as a reminder that their earlier alliance is a deal made final. Simon argues that their methods are not working, in that Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom and the Scavengers do not seem to realize how serious the Saviors are. To the end, he proposes they cut their losses and find other communities who would join their cause rather than bring Rick's people to submission. Negan, not happy with the idea, retorts that while their current methods prove difficult, they are still effective. He affirms his belief that once Rick is disposed of, everyone will fall back into line.
Before the conversation can continue, Gary and two other Saviors haul in a large crate, the same box Maggie requested from Simon following their encounter on the road, and set it on a table. Negan and Simon open the box to reveal a zombified Dean, who is quickly put down. Furious, Simon realizes that the remaining 38 Saviors mentioned on the crate cover are those stationed at the Satellite Outpost. He flies into a rage and vows to eliminate the Hilltop Colony, but Negan angrily shuts him down, and tells him to do his job, leaving him silent.
After Simon deals with the Scavengers and returns to the Sanctuary, Negan and Simon discuss the fact that Gavin has still not reported back, both unaware that he is dead. On Negan's inquiry on the Scavengers, Simon reports that his mission was a success, lying he delivered the standard message. Negan is called by D.J., informing him that Rick is calling from a walkie.
Hearing his voice on the other end, Rick reports Carl's death, much to Negan's obvious shock and grief. He reveals the contents of their letters, Carl wishes for both of them to end their war and make peace. Rick, however, believes that peace is now impossible to achieve. Negan asks if Carl's death was of the Saviors' doing, but Rick angrily denies this, explaining that he died trying to help someone. Negan reveals his sincere remorse, expressing that Carl represented their future, but also iterates that Carl's death was because Rick, in leading the revolt against the Saviors, was not present to keep Carl safe from doing something that would bring harm to himself. Negan condemns Rick's decisions and insists that he stop the war, lest he lose more of his loved ones could have been avoided had he just submitted. Negan deems Rick a failure as both a leader and a father and implores him to surrender, seeing that the war has caused him to lose more than he has gained.
Dead or Alive OrEdit
Negan talks to Eugene, disappointed that Eugene's efforts have not completely alleviated the issues at hand and that Gabriel and Carson have somehow escaped undetectable, unaware that Eugene was responsible. Negan affirms to that once Gabriel and Carson are caught and brought back to the Sanctuary, he will find out about their escapades. A nervous Eugene inquires about the events that occured at Alexandria, Negan questions his inquiry, asking if he cares despite Alexandria's actions against him since his defection.
Negan then places Eugene in charge of his own outpost - a small team in charge of crafting munitions for the Saviors. Eugene shows concern and questions why the Alexandrians are no longer resources and why Negan wants to kill eveyone, as Negan claims to view people as a valuable resource. Negan explains that the bullets are a last resort, should Rick's group refuse to come to terms with the Saviors. After Negan explains Eugene's security detail, Eugene asks if there will be a wine supply, he confirms this.Negan later bursts into Eugene's new outpost, followed by two Saviors bringing in a recaptured Gabriel. Negan claims to have a story from Gabriel on the circumstances of his and Carson's escape. To Eugene's relief, Gabriel does not hold Eugene responsible for the planning of their escape, but rather Carson. Negan then leaves Gabriel in charge of arranging Eugene's bullet casings. Eugene reports that while his munitions have been of great quality, the quantity of supplies is running low. He suggests the possibility of launching walker viscera at the opposing forces in a last-resort effort to dissaude them from fighting.
Gaining a new set of ideas from this otherwise-ludicrous scenario, a satisfied Negan leaves. Negan has the remaining Saviors at the Sanctuary, including Dwight, gathered at the courtyard; with several walkers chained to the fences. He relays the process of turning when getting bit by a walker and proposes they use that to their advantage: coating their weapons in walker remains will effectively taint them, and while the weapon may not kill the enemy, the viscera will create a surefire way for the victim to become infected. He then coats Lucille in a thick coat of blood and flesh from one of the walkers and displays it to the crowd.
The KeyEditNegan stops by Dwight's apartment and welcomes him back to the Sanctuary. Dwight explains that he was heading towards Hilltop in hopes of running into Saviors and Negan orders Dwight back to work. Simon directs his crew as they gut yard walkers and collect entrails to immerse their weapons in, which they plan to use in their attack against Hilltop. Negan predicts Rick's group will surrender once they comprehend his new strategy. Negan then dips Lucille in a bucket of walker guts. Dwight and Simon drive off with a convoy of Saviors.
As their on their way to Hilltop, Rick suddenly rams his car into Negan's then pursues him down city streets. Simon instructs the rest of the Saviors to stay behind and set up a perimeter while he and Dwight search for Negan. Negan comes to in his overturned car, which is covered in walker guts. Rick approaches and shoots at Negan, who uses the car for cover. Negan escapes into an abandoned building with Rick hot on his heels.
Inside, Rick continues firing at Negan, but quickly runs out of bullets. He throws his hatchet at Negan and narrowly misses. Negan falls off a landing and dangles from the ledge by his fingers, Rick then grabs his hatchet and chops at Negan's hands only for Negan to plummet into the basement. Rick hunts for Negan in the basement and he discovers a barricaded storage room full of walkers. Negan makes Rick an offer: if Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom fall in line, they'll only be required to send the Saviors a quarter of their supplies as long as Rick works at the Sanctuary as a janitor. Rick retorts that Negan lost his credibility after the Saviors massacred the Scavengers. Negan reels at the news of the massacre and is mad upon realizing Simon killed them all. Rick then discovers Lucille on the ground.Rick tells Negan he has Lucille, with Negan forbidding Rick from touching "her". Rick sets Lucille on fire and bashes the barricade to the storage room, busting it open. Negan charges at him and Rick swings at Negan with the flaming Lucille. Meanwhile, walkers flood out of the storage room and attack the two. Negan tackles Rick, grabs his beloved bat and escapes, Rick then chases him through a window. He runs outside and finds his car gone. Negan wakes up in a car and finds Jadis behind the steering wheel, holding him at gunpoint. He chuckles and Jadis tells him to shut up and knocks him unconscious.
Still Gotta Mean SomethingEditNegan is first seen at the Junkyard, being chained to a board and he questions Jadis what is going on as she drags him out. Jadis prepares a fire beside Negan, attempting to burn Lucille in full view of Negan to psychologically hurt him. He tells her he can smell what happened here and insists that he wasn't responsible. Jadis cuts him off by crashing Lucille down to about an inch from his face. Jadis' watch then beeps and she leaves Negan alone for a moment before returning with a walker tied to a cart. Negan fires at her with a gun he managed to get hold of, and threatens to burn a pile of photos with a flare that he found in her bag. Jadis emerges from her cover and orders Negan to leave the pictures alone. Negan questions her that is how she kills people slow with Winslow, but Jadis tells him people are resources.
Jadis begs Negan not to burn her photos and Negan explains that Lucille is all he has left of his wife, whom he named the bat after. Jadis's watch then beeps again and she rams the walker into Negan before wrestling the flare away. To her dismay, the flare falls in a puddle and the flame is snuffed. A helicopter appears overhead and she tries to hail it to no avail. Jadis rushes over to burn the bat but Negan begs her not to and he offers to settle it. Jadis drops the flare and they're both painfully relieved. He vows to settle things with the perpetrator of the massacre.
Negan is dressed and ready to leave the Junkyard, then he asks her what just happened here. She is silent though and he invites her with him to join the Saviors, but she rejects it. Negan claims he'll swing back by sometime, before saying Jadis will maybe want to share. Negan is shown driving himself back to the Sanctuary, when he comes across Laura on the road and orders her into the car. They arrive at the Sanctuary, where D.J. and the Saviors greet them. D.J. tells him that he knew he wasn't dead to which Negan replies that he knows and then tells D.J. to keep his arrival a secret as he wants to be a surprise for everyone else.
WorthEditNegan surprises Dwight in the Sanctuary courtyard and he interrogates Dwight as to why they didn't search for him while he was attacked by Rick. Dwight insists he only stopped searching for him on Simon's orders. He reminds Negan about his loyalty to the Saviors. Negan then meets Simon and his other lieutenants, where Simon asks Negan to forgive him for his actions against the Hilltop. Negan orders Simon to his knees, but spares his life. Negan outlines a plan to surround Hilltop and slaughter anyone who tries to leave. He pulls Dwight aside and commends him for doing whatever it takes to survive.
Negan later appears at the courtyard where Simon, Gary, Dwight and Gregory are and he whistles in response and emerges from his hiding place. He orders Arat, D.J. and Norris to kill all of the conspirators except for Simon and Gregory. Negan tells Simon that Dwight had informed him of his entire plot to assassinate him. Negan rebukes Simon of going against his orders by wiping out the Scavengers, reminding that he also led to the massacre of all the males of the Oceanside community, something that Negan needed to keep in check. Negan offers Simon a chance to fight him to the death hand-to-hand for leadership over the Saviors.
Negan and Simon face off in a grudge match, surrounded by everyone in the Sanctuary. Fists fly in a knockout brawl and Negan eventually knocks Simon to the ground and begins to strangle him. As Simon struggles, Negan laments that because of his actions against Hilltop, those people can no longer be controlled. He shouts that he has to kill them all just like he's about to kill him, before crushing Simon's throat, killing him.
Negan walks Dwight back to his room and appoints him as his new right-hand man. Dwight opens the door only to find Laura waiting inside and Negan explains that he picked Laura up on his way back to the Sanctuary and learned everything about Dwight's treachery. He deduces that Dwight was responsible for many of Rick's attacks on the Saviors and he knows he lied to him about killing Sherry. He explains that he was playing Dwight along and Negan makes it clear that he knew Dwight would warn Rick about the plan, which was purposely made to lead Rick and his allies into a trap. Instead of killing him, he keeps Dwight alive, knowing he might be useful in the future.Negan is later contacted by Michonne over walkie-talkie, who reads Carl's letter to him, again reiterating his same request to end the war peacefully and starting over. Negan refuses the offer, saying that Rick pushed him too far, and said that the only way to end the war is to kill Rick and every last of his allies, and finished by saying that there will be no more talk before destroying the walkie-talkie.
Negan is shown when the Saviors mobilize at the Sanctuary and Eugene informs him that he manufactured the bullets as requested. Negan shoots a dummy labeled "Rick" with a test bullet and grins. He gives a map to two Saviors, Lance and Duke, and sends them out.
Negan, Laura, Eugene and Gabriel drive out together. Negan predicts that Rick will send out a scout team to kill Lance's group as they set up their roadblock. He explains he gave Lance and Duke, who were Simon's men, a decoy map to lure Rick's group into an ambush. Rick's scout team kills Lance's group and finds the map, unaware that it's a decoy. In Negan's car, Laura swerves to avoid a walker in the road. Seeing an opportunity, Gabriel opens the car door and leaps free. Eugene however manages to recapture him and Negan whacks Gabriel in the stomach with Lucille, bringing him to his knees. He orders him back in the car.Rick's army advances to the ambush spot and whistling begins, then Negan contacts them over a bullhorn to taunt them before their inevitable execution. A firing line of Saviors forms up to slaughter the Militia from a distance at higher ground. At the end of Negan's countdown, the Saviors fire, however Eugene had tampered with their guns and they unexpectedly backfired, killing many Saviors. Taking advantage of the moment, the Militia presses the attack on the Saviors, killing several more. After the failure of the guns, Negan turns in anger to Eugene, only to be attacked by Gabriel and then Dwight. Negan manages to subdue them both and he makes a run for it, chased by Rick. He runs out of bullets and fights Negan hand to hand. They stop at a tree, where a framed stained glass hangs from. Negan gains the upper hand and reveals that the outcome of his game of "eeny, meeny, mino, mo" when he first met Rick, wasn't random and that he chose Abraham. He purposefully avoided killing Rick so that Carl wouldn't have to see it. Rick asks Negan to grant him ten seconds to describe the future Carl envisioned and Negan acquiesces. Negan is nearly in tears when Rick puts Carl's words in Negan's face. Rick suddenly slits Negan's throat with a shard of glass. Negan falls to the ground clutching at his bleeding neck. Rick looks behind at the captured Saviors and after a moment of thought, Rick orders Siddiq to save Negan. Maggie screams and demands that Negan die, but Michonne holds her back. Rick orders the Saviors to return home and proclaims that Negan's rule is over. He points to the massive herd in the distance and declares that they must unite to fight the walkers, the real threat.
Later, Negan recovers in the infirmary. Rick and Michonne inform him him that he will rot in a cell for the rest of his life and serve as a reminder that people are capable of change and as an evidence that they will bring civilization.
- Marsha: Killed.
- Tim: Killed.
- Abraham Ford: Head smashed with Lucille.
- Glenn Rhee: Head smashed with Lucille.
- Spencer Monroe: Disemboweled.
- Emmett Carson: Thrown into a lit furnace and burned alive.
- David: Stabbed through the neck.
- Mikey: Killed in grenade attack.
- Kent: Killed in grenade attack.
- Anna: Killed in grenade attack.
- Dean (Zombified): Shot in the head with nail gun.
- Simon: Strangled to death.
- At least 20 unnamed people
- At least 12 unnamed Alexandrians
- Numerous counts of zombies and unnamed people
Negan and Dwight have a poor relationship. As revealed by Negan, Dwight and his wife fled from the Sanctuary and simultaneosly stole insulin for Sherry's sister, Tina, who was diabetic, after the points price for the medicine become unmanageable for them. After Tina's death, Dwight and Sherry returned to Negan and begged for forgiveness. Negan decided to marry Sherry at her request on the condition Dwight is spared; he was, however, still punished by being badly scorched on his left cheek with an iron. Since that incident, Dwight had been unfavorably loyal to Negan and worked his way up the Saviors' ranks, becoming one of Negan's top lieutenants. Dwight goes as far to almost kill Glenn desperately jumps at Negan after he threatens to kill Maggie, however Negan commands Dwight to get Glenn back in line, which he does without question. Hence, Negan puts intense trust in Dwight and occasionally jokes with him, much to Dwight's dismay as most of the jokes are at his expense.
However, it is revealed Dwight deeply despises Negan for taking Sherry away from him and his overall cruelty towards others. After Sherry flees, with no more reason to stay loyal to Negan and the Saviors, Dwight offers his services to Rick and the Militia, claiming that he wants Negan dead, proving that he indeed hates him.
Throughout the war, Dwight is dedicated to take Negan down and Negan viewing Dwight in high regard completely blinds him to the fact that Dwight is the Militia's spy. Eventually however, Dwight exposes himself to Laura and she in turns exposes him to Negan. Negan is visibly disgusted at Dwight's betrayal however he chooses to keep him alive in order to force him to watch the Militia get destroyed as a result of him passing them false information and that he may one day be of use to him again.
After the Saviors are defeated, Dwight furiously attempts to assault Negan but he is thrown off. Dwight is visibly pleased that Negan is defeated though it is unknown how he feels about him being kept alive and held prisoner.
Simon is Negan's right-hand man, and the two have a strong relationship. Simon is extremely loyal to his leader and obeys his orders without question. It is evident that Negan views Simon very highly and claims that if he wasn't around, there would be a lot more work to do. During an ambush by Alexandria, Kingdom and Hilltop, it can be seen Negan and Simon like to stay close to each other during war. This is most likely due to both working together and trusting each other completely.
Despite this, it was eventually revealed that Negan was extremely weary of keeping Simon within his fold after the Oceanside massacre, an act that disgusted Negan. Nonetheless, Negan still had great respect for Simon's loyalty, intelligence, organization and ruthlessness, so long as each of those traits were kept in check. Due to this, Negan kept Simon as one of his top men and, over time, Simon's effective obedience cemented his loyalty to Negan as his right-hand man, earning his complete trust as an equal.
During the meeting at the Sanctuary, Negan becomes enraged at Simon's suggestion that the Saviors wipe out Hilltop, perhaps putting a strain on their relationship. Despite his trust in him as his second-in-command, Negan has little belief in Simon as a leader.
Negan was further angered when he found out about the Scavengers massacre. He promised Jadis to take care of him and upon Negan's return, he proceeds to humiliate Simon in front of the rest of the inner circle, having Simon get down on his knees and taunting him, asking him if he's going to make a move. When Simon responds that there is no move to make, Negan seemingly forgives him. After this Simon begins plotting against Negan, showing that their relationship has been completely and utterly severed. Negan eventually puts down the plot and fights Simon in one on one fight in front of all the Saviors, ultimately overpowering and killing his former right-hand man.
- "Look what you did. Carl didn't know a damn thing."
- "It all makes sense now...you told Rick when to attack. How to get to the outposts. You keep us locked in here, slipping them workers guns. Maybe you even lied to me about killing Sherry. Oh, hell. You, for sure, lied to me about that. So, what? You think you're some sort of hero? No. You are nothing. A nobody in way over your head."
- "Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. It's gonna be pee pee pants city here real soon."
- "Holy crap! You are creepy as shit, sneaking up on me, wearin' that collar with that freaky-ass smile."
- "I got my fingers crossed for a little freaky-deaky."
- "Jesus! Is that you, Rick, underneath all that man-bush? I would not have messed with that guy. But that's not you anymore is it?"
- "You got some beach ball-size lady nuts on you, coming in all kamikaze like that."
- "Were you gentle? Were you kind? Did you treat her like a lady? Did you pet her little pussy like a lady? I'm just screwing around, man, a baseball bat doesn't have a pussy!"
- "You know what I'm thinking? Cause I have a guess. It's because you got no guts. Ohh, how embarrassing. There they are. They were inside you this whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"
- "I don't enjoy killing women. Men? I can waste them all the livelong."
- "Your mouth is all puffed up like a baboon's ass."
- "You see this? This is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls."
- "Little pig, little pig, let me in!"
- "Rick...he would just be standing there, giving me that annoying side-eye he gives me."
- "Lucille's beautiful, smooth surface is never gonna look the same, so why should yours!?"
- "I just popped your skull so hard your eyeball popped out, and it is gross as shit!"
- "In case you haven't caught on, I just slid my dick down your throat and you thanked me for it."
- "Lucille is thirsty. She is a vampire bat!"
- "You ever hear about the stupid little prick named Rick who thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got everyone he gave a shit about killed? It's about you."
- "I hope you got your shittin' pants on. Cause you are about to shit your pants."
- "I am guessing that a lot of you fine folks thought I was dead, chewed up, never to be crapped out again. Well, here's a little refresher on who the hell I am. I wear a leather jacket, I have Lucille and my nutsack is made of steel. I am not dying until good and ready."
- "You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that. Wow! Look at that! Takin' it like a champ!"
- "Do not make me kill the little future serial killer."
- "Sorry kid, this is going to be as cold as a warlock's ballsack."
- "Are you cool though, Dwight? I mean, I just said it was happy hour at the pussy bar, and Dwight eats for free...and you're telling me no."
- "Well, pardon me young man, excuse the shit out of my goddamn French but did you just threaten me?"
- "I was gonna ask her to come back with me. Oh, I know what you're thinking: how could I ever shop a guy who just bashed her husband's head in. You'd be surprised."
- "Feels good! Sounds good! I do believe Lucille's getting a little jealous."
- "Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boy's other eye and feed it to his father and then we'll start. You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that. Ho! Ho! Look at that. Taking it like a champ! Damn!"
- "Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. Yes, you are."
- "This...this is Lucille, and she is awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor."
- "Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit."
- "Hey! Do not make me kill the little future serial killer. Don't make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody. Everybody's at the table waiting for me to order."
- "You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple so, even if you're stupid, which you may very well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes. Pay attention. Give me your shit...or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested in a lot, so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me. That's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will. You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close. In fact, you are pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later. This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone...knocks on your door...you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will knock it down. You understand? What? No answer?"
- "Jesus. You look shitty. I should just put you out of your misery right now."
- "I got an idea. Eeny...meeny...miny...moe. Catch...a tiger...by...his toe. If he hollers...let him go. My mother told me...to pick the very best one...and you...are...it."
- "All right, listen. Don't any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down, no exceptions. First one's free. It's an emotional moment, I get it."
- "You got one of our guns. Whoah. Yeah, you got a lot of our guns...shit kid, lighten up. At least cry a little."
- "You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you? I don't want to kill you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now...I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you."
- "I gotta shave this shit."
- "A goddamn tiger!"
- "Sasha, you're never gonna believe this crap...holy goddamn!"
- "Well, look at that, dawn is breaking. It's a brand new day, Rick."
- "What you do next will decide whether your crap day becomes everyone's last crap day or just another crap day. Get some guns to the back of their heads. Level with their noses, so if you have to fire, it'll be a real mess."
- "Bet ya thought you were all going to grow old together, sitting around the table at Sunday dinner in the happily ever after. No...doesn't work like that Rick. Not anymore."
- "Welcome to a brand new beginning you sorry shits."
- "Me? Heh, heh. I ain't doin' shit."
- "I want you to think about what could of happened. Think about what happened. And think about what can still happen."
- "Simon's my right hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean what you do you have left without them? A whole lot of work."
- "What? Was the joke that bad?"
- "Let's go for a ride. Wow. What a piece of shit. I'm gonna kill you. Are you kiddin' me? Did you see what just happened, what I just did? You just...your best chance is to stand up, grab that axe, and drive it through the back of my head. See how you do. Keep actin' tough. Go ahead. Grab the damn axe."
- "Dwight, load him up. He's got guts - not a little bitch like someone I know. I like him. He's mine now. But you still want to try something? Not today, not tomorrow. Not today, not tomorrow. I will cut pieces off of...hell's his name? Wow. That actually sounds right. I will cut pieces off of Daryl and put them on your doorstep - or better yet, I will bring him to you and have you do it for me."
- "Oh my goodness! Look at this! You guys, look at my dirty girl! Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this. Oh, goddamn. Were you - were you together? That sucks. But if you were, you should know there was a reason for all of this. Red - and hell, he was, is, and will ever be red. He just took one or six or seven for the team! So take a goddamn look. Take a damn look!"
- "People die, Rick. It's what happens. Doesn't mean the rest doesn't happen."
- "Sorry, kid, this is going to be as cold as a warlock's ballsack. Just like he was hanging the ballsack above ya and draaaaag...right across your forearm."
- "You earn what you take."
- "Now, Dwight gave you some options. I don't think you get it yet. So I'm gonna break it down for you. You get three choices. One: you wind up on the spike, and you work for me as a dead man. Two: you get out of your cell, you work for points, but you're gonna wish you were dead. Or three: you work for me. You get yourself a brand new pair of shoes, and you live like a king! The choices seems pretty obvious. You should know, there is no door number four. This is it. This is the only way."
- "You don't scare easy. I love that!"
- "You see that? I am everywhere! And this was your shot to prove to me that that fundemental fact was sinkin' in, and you failed. Which sucks, because your life was 'bout to get to so much cooler! Am I right?"
- "Do not make me ask."
- "I missed ya."
- "I love a gal who buys me dinner and doesn't expect me to put out."
- "You do the same damn stink eye as your dad - except it's only half as good, cuz, ya know, you're missing one eye."
- "Starving? You? By practically you mean not really."
- "Hey neighbor, why don't you come by later. We'll grill."
- "There are rules for a reason. Nothing matters if your dead."
- "You know, I'm thinking, Spencer. I'm thinking how Rick threatened to kill me, how he clearly hates my guts. But he is out there right now, gathering shit for me to make sure I don't hurt any of the fine people that live here. He is swallowing his hate and getting shit done. That takes guts. And then there's you...the guy who waited for Rick to be gone so he could sneak over and talk to me to get me to do his dirty work, so he could take Rick's place. So I got to ask - if you wanna take over, why not just kill Rick yourself and just take over? You know what I'm thinking? 'Cause I have a guess. It's because you got no guts. Ohh. How embarrassing. There they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!"
- "Rick, I'm not gonna lie, your kitchen is a goddamn mess. I'll see you next time."
- "For anyone out there who loved the obese bastard as much as I did, I just want to say a few words. Fat Joey was not the most badass sonuvabitch, but he was loyal. He had a great sense of humor. In fact, we were just joking about oral sex with Lucille the other day! Things will not be the same now that he's dead. Without Fat Joey, Skinny Joey is just Joey. So it's a goddamn tragedy. So, let's have a moment of silence."
- "D'you really think I need you to answer that? I can see that you're tryin' to rape this woman. You...were tryin' to rape this woman, weren't you? Ah...this is some unacceptable behavior. Rape is against the rules here. I wouldn't wanna be somewhere where it wasn't. Someone in charge...who lets somethin' like that fly....David, you really crossed the line here. You know what? I do not accept your apology."
- "I gotta hand it to you, you got some beach ball-size lady nuts on you, comin' in all kamikaze like that."
- "Either way, you musta thought it was gonna be the end, comin' in on your lomesome like that. But that's not the way its gotta go. Uh-huh, just the opposite. See, this...well, this could be your beginning. This knife is yours now. You can try to use it, take me out, but considering I am standing above you holdin' a baseball bat, that doesn't seem real smart. Now, you can use it to slit your wrists, which would be a damn shame, but I get it. You're obviously not on the shiny side of the street, given recent events. Now, you could sit there and do nothin', wait for ol' Davey to come back to life and eat your face - also a damn shame, and kinda nuts, but hell, to each their own. Or...you can use that blade, and stop ol' Rapey Davey from becoming dead-alive Rapey Davey, save yourself, join the cause. I know what I'd do. I'm a man short. Well, you can't really call this piece of shit a man, but still, I'm short, and you got those beach ball-size lady nuts, and I wanna harness the heat comin' off of 'em. You can help me run this place one day. All of us together, followin' the rules, workin' on the same side of things, that's all this was ever about. And it still can be for you. I know it's hard to picture, considering what I did. But, Sasha...we all got shit to get over. Take some time, think about it. Whatever you decide, so it shall be, no pressure. And again, I am sorry you had to see that, even though I know you have seen some things. I just want you to understand...we are not monsters."
- "I am not dying until I am good and ready."
- "I think you are a thin-dicked politician threading the needle with your thin, thin dick."
- "This is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls."
- "Your kid, he hid in one of my trucks and machine gunned a bunch of my men down, and I brought him home, safe and sound, and I fed him spaghetti."
- "I care about my people. I don't want to just march them on the line of fire because I want to play my dick is bigger than yours. It is. We both know it."
- "These are putrid, decaying organs, dead blood, piss, and shit that have been cooking all day in the Virgian sun? None of your people ever gotten sick from this? Look at you lucky shits."
- "Ricky, look at you calling me up. You want to tell me where you are, so we can do this face to face. How did it happen? How did he die? Was it us? Was it the grenades...the fire? Goddamn it. Shit, I am...I am sorry. You know I wanted him to be part of things. I had plans. That kid...that kid was the future. The hell are you doing Rick? Why are you fighting? Why are you making this so hard? Carl is dead because of you. Because you couldn't leave shit well enough alone. I mean maybe he would have died some other way. Any one of us can get our ticket punched at any second. But in this case...in this case, he is dead because of you. Because you weren't there to stop him from doing something stupid. You set this coarse, Rick. Who's next? No, that someone is. You see...I stop people from dying. I am the answer. Now, it may have taken a hard lesson for you to hear it, but you should hear it now. It's time. Do not let anymore of your shit decisions cost you to lose anyone else you love. That garbage...that sticks with you forever. Just like Carl will. Hell, I'm feeling it now and I'm going to be feeling it for a while. You could have just let me save all of you. I mean that's why I killed your friends in the first place. So that you can sit there and say that you're going to kill me, but you won't. You failed. You failed as a leader and most of all Rick, you failed as a father. Just...give up. Give up because you have already lost."
- "They are out there somewhere, so let's get balls deep in every nook and cranny they might hole up in. Nooks, crannies and holes, people. All that shit outside the box."
- "I'm a goddamn cat."
- "What the hell is your problem, Rick? Huh? I know you're working through some shit - the worst kind of shit, I know - but if you aren't the most stubborn know-it-all prick I've ever crossed with..."
- "Don't you touch her!"
- "You not only failed your boy, you failed your people, Rick! Kinda makes me sick just thinking about it. All that wasted potential...but see, there is still hope for you! A one-time deal that I will make in the memory of your badass son, someone I actually respected: you get Hilltop, Kingdom, Alexandria to fall in line and our arrangement is back in place, and you are forgiven, Rick! I will lower my take from 50 to 25% - a lously 25%! But, you gotta come work for me. Janitorial to start. Not bad at all. Your people, they get to live like 75% kings! Now that is an epic freaking Christmas-Hannukah-Kwanazza gift all rolled up into one considering what a thorn in my ass-cheek you've been!"
- "What the shit? No really just tell me what the shit?"
- "Shit isn't funny anymore. Don't make me do this now, Rick. I got plans for you. Cut you up into little bitty pieces, feed you to the dead and make you watch. Then when your some sort of screwed up, creepy stump with a head, thats when I'm gonna kill ya in front of everybody!"
- "You know your kid volunteered to die? Kind of boy you raised, Rick. I'm gonna fix him. Cause I like him! Few years, he's gonna be one of my top guys! When I am done with you, nobody will ever try to do what you did, not ever again! Not your friends...not your son."
- "Little pig, little pig! Let me in!"
- "Oh, you better be joking! Negan, Lucille, I know I had to make a pretty strong first impression."
- "Easy peezy lemon squeezy!"
- "Do I get mad? Do I throw a fit!? Do I bash some ginger's dome in?! I just take care of one of these dead pricks that could've killed one of y'all. Service. Hold this."
- "You don't look at him, you don't talk to him, and I don't make you chop anything off of him. Same goes for everyone. Right? A lot of suspense there, I don't think she even knew how much."
- "You don't decide what we take. I do. Were just gonna search the houses a bit, keep the process moving."
- "This is the kind of thing that just tickles my balls! A little cooperation, and everything is as pleasent as punch."
- "Gets the grain, kid. Always gets the grain."
- "Since your doing such an awesome job, you wanna have a little blast from the past with you know who? Oh, crap. Are you okay down there? Your penis? Or is it...down for the count?"
- "I mean I want my shit back but that is grunt work. Why don't you have Fat Joey go do that, god knows he needs the exercise. You...you don't have to do it, Dwight."
- "There he is. Man of the hour. Come on over here, big fella. Don't be rude, asshole. Say hello."
- "You may be wondering why the hell your lookout didn't sound the alarm. See, we are polite. I mean I don't know whether to wake up from that kind of shot but they should wake up. So lets just cut through the cow shit. You lose. Its over. So your gonna line up in front of your little houses, and your gonna work up some apologies and the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed. Then I kill Rick in front of everybody and we move on. You have three. Count of three minutes to open this gate or we start bombing the shit of you!"
- "I hope you got your shitting pants on.